Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I'm on a boat!

Phrase of the day:
Just jump! Allez saute!

If you haven't noticed yet, I'm a bit behind on starting this blog. I arrived here in June and I guess that first month the Cote held me captive of fun, excitement, and new adventures. So, belated but well spent, I'm reminiscing into the early weeks of June when my host family took me out on their boat.

I woke up SUPER excited. Lounging in the middle of the ocean in Cannes on a boat with my host family and their close friends, enjoying a nice lunch, and jumping into the water from the boat. A whole new experience for me! Oui! I could do this every day, easily. Haha. 20 minutes in the car and we were at their wonderful boat, untying it from the dock and starting out on our wonderful day. I was in awe the whole time as the family just relaxed like they were used to doing. We drove about a half an hour out to sea to a "parking lot" where everyone anchored their boats and endulged for the rest of the day. Baguette was breaking at noon and leftovers from last nights dinner was happily eaten up. Soon after, the kids started leaping into the water, doing backflips, front flips, and dives. I joined them right away.

The day was spent flipping, eating, lounging, tanning, and soaking in this new experience.








No comments:

Post a Comment