Friday, July 17, 2009

Lifestyle

Phrase of the day:
I want this lifestyle. Je veux cette vie.

I must say, the french really know how to enjoy themselves. From the very first night I arrived here in the Cote d'Azur my host family has been taking me to lavish dinner parties with all their friends, and hosting them as well. Every night the wine is flowing and the exquisite cheese is melting in my mouth. The lifestyle of these people is very evident just through a dinner party.

Two dinner parties stood out to me the most. At the first one, I arrived finding myself soon sitting down and munching on fresh olives and cut sausage. Dinner was a huge spread of food I never heard of, but loved. And dessert was a trip down to their wine cellar and a platter of 10 different cheeses. W-O-W. I was in heaven. They were also surprised that an American was eating like this; loving the "stinky" french cheeses and sipping red wine. Yes, I've been trained.

The second dinner party my host family hosted. It was huge; 20 close couples with their kids jumping in and out of the pool. Smoked duck was an appetizer that I discovered I loved. After a great feast, we ended the night by heading to Cannes to enjoy a nice picnic on the beach and a bonfire to end the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment