Wednesday, July 8, 2009

It's nice in Nice

On June 14th (about 2 weeks after arriving in France) I ventured to Nice! Direct from Roquefort les Pins the bus, Ligne TAM 500 goes straight to Nice. Now thats nice!

Nice was everything I expected and more. The architecture of the buildings with their vibrant colors and intricate designs was a sight to see. I walked the entire shoreline with all it's cafe's and beach huts where you can but a chair for 10 euro and get lunch for the day. I made my way to the east end of the shoreline and found a staircase leading up to view the entire city. The staircase then led me to a path in a beautiful park where I found Monet trees and a rushing waterfall (also lots of tourists!) I climbed back down and made my way into the city, stopping in various shops and walking down windy side roads. At 3pm I had to take the bus back to Roquefort to pick the kids up from school! On the bus I met some local students my age and talked to them in French. They were very interested in knowing about America, but I was eager to know more about Nice!

This weekend i'm venturing to Nice again to visit the Musee Matisse, Fondation Marguerite et Aime Maeght, Chagall Museum & Musee d'Art Moderne et d'Art Contemporarain! Yay!

It's hard to believe a month and a half has already passed here! I only have 3 and a half more weeks and its back to reality, but maybe this could be reality someday??! Yes I hope so!

























No comments:

Post a Comment